Sunday, June 17, 2012

models and cars

This weekend I went to a car show called Driven. I haven’t gone to Driven before so I didn’t know what to expect. Driven Car Show is a place where car owners can show case their hard work they put into their cars. It was held on June 9th, 2012 at the Olympic Oval. There were many cars lined up with their hoods up and models posing against them. It was held at the Calgary Olympic Oval. There were a variety of cars and designs. All the cars looked different from each other and had individual features. Some cars had coloured tires, fast engines and high end stereos.

hello kitty car
this picture belongs to me

this picture belongs to me


If you win for the fastest, well designed car you could win either packages:

  • package A: 
Special Limited Edition Diablo III (retail: $100)
Official SF Fightstick (retail: $200)
Bottle service at the DRIVEN Afterparty ($300)

  • package B:
Xbox 360 (retail: $300)
Kinect (retail:$150)

  • package C:
PS3 (retail: $300)
PS3 Move (retail: $100)

Jennifer Nguyen (import model)
this picture belongs to me

Some of the performers there were:
Ahmir (#1 Most Popular R&B Group On YOUTUBE) 
Chengman (Asian prankster, comedian, YOUTUBE sensation) 
Dannie Riel (IMPORT MODEL Featured on DSPORT MAG) 
Steph Ly (IMPORT MODEL Featured in MAXIM CANADA) 
Naomi Sayo (IMPORT MODEL) 
Dannie Riel was born on June 16 1988 in Winnipeg, Manitoba. She is a Chinese and French beauty who is making her way up the import modelling business. I got a chance to meet her at Driven. She’s very nice and bubbly. 

Dannie Riel and I
picture belongs to me

Dannie Riel, my friends and I
picture belongs to me


Import modelling or promotional modelling is a special category of modelling that does not have strict rules about height, size or weight. Import models are typically female who has a sexy appearance. Import models appear in magazines, where they pose alongside cars and motorcycles. Import models are different than commercial models, high fashion models, supermodels, and bikini models because they appear on different shows, ads and runways. Commercial models appear on ads or television shows, in catalogs, work in fashion shows. A supermodel refers to a highly paid model that usually has a worldwide reputation and has a background in haut couture and commercial modeling. They usually work for top fashion designers and famous clothing brands. 

For instance, Tyra banks and Kimora Lee Simmons are both high fashion models that walk the runway and pose for high-end fashion shoots. Whereas Hedi Klum is a swimsuit model and usually wears bikini when she models. Gisele Bundchen is known to be supermodel; she is seen in every parts of the world. 

1 comment:

  1. How adorable is that Hello Kitty car?!! I need that in my life!
    Do you know where you can get it custom like that?
    I love looking at this website for custom cars! http://www.celebritycarz.com/

    ReplyDelete