Sunday, June 17, 2012

Eyelashes are BIG in Hollywood


Every girl wishes they had big eyes with long lashes, but not everyone is born with them. Most girls wear mascara to extend, volume and maximize their eyelashes. But the ultimate way to achieve this is by wearing fake eyelashes. Almost all stars wear fake eyelashes that will last them a month, a couple of months, a week and even a day. There are many types of eyelashes that will make you look a certain way ie. settle look, dramatic look, long lashes and full lashes.

Celebrities such as Melissa Gilbert, Sheree Whitfield, Caroline Rhea and Ashley Greene have been known to wear eyelashes at Awards shows, Grammys, and Red Carpet events. Bai Ling makes her eyes appear bigger than it really is. It adds to her look and makes her eyes stand out and not overly powered by her eye shadow. 

I always wanted fake eyelashes that lasted approximately three months but they are so expensive! To get them on, they cost roughly $100, and to get them retouch every 3-4 weeks its $35. I think eyelashes can make a girl appear older and feel more beautiful. My eyelashes are nonexistence and are super short even if I have mascara on. When I go out with my friends, I usually put on fake eyelashes that lasts one day. It is easy to put on and painless. You can get them at any drugstores like Superstore, Wal-Mart and Shoppers Drug Mart. You also need to get glue to apply it on.

How to apply fake eyelashes:
1. Measure and cut the eyelashes until it is the same size as your eye
2. Apply the glue on the edge of the eyelashes and wait 5-10 seconds
3. Place the eyelashes along your eye and hold them down for 5-10 seconds
4. To finish off the look, you can apply mascara to the lashes 
5.To remove them, simply pull them off your eyes and pull off any excess glue on the eyelashes
Note: you can reuse your eyelashes 5-6 times depending on how well you keep them. 

One of my friend got fake eyelashes done at a place on Fourth Street and 23rd Avenue called Noir (it means black in French). When she first got them on, I didn’t even notice it until she told me. They were not super long and dramatic. It gave her eyelashes a fuller look. She said they hurt her when she closed her eyes. She also wasn’t allowed to use eyeliner and mascara that contained oil-based because it would cause the eyelashes to fall off.  

Some places in Calgary where you can get fake eyelashes up on are:

Cindy and I with eyelashes
Picture belongs to me

Cindy and I without eyelashes
Picture belongs to me


3 comments:

  1. I have always wanted eyelash extensions, but am too afraid to get them! Thanks for the walk through!

    I always wonder about Hollywood, and hair extensions...I feel that everyone and their dog has them? That just shows how "real" Hollywood is!

    Check this out for a laugh! http://www.thefrisky.com/2011-06-22/12-of-the-worst-celebrity-hair-extensions-wig-moments/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Chloe! I have wanted eyelash extensions for a while now, but I am quite hesitant . They can look really good on some individuals including yourself, although I have seen many girls that the lashes do not look so good on. Not only that, eye lash extensions are extremely expensive as well.

    I think if the are done right and look real then that is fine , but I have seen many Hollywood actresses that have taken it way too far.

    Whatever happened to just being real!I guess that is where the media plays into this , girls want to look more real by getting eyelash extensions instead of putting on fake eyelashes , but at the end of the day they are still fake!

    Just something to think of!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a guy, I think fake eyelashes could look like mosquito tails on some girls. I had no idea it is that expensive. In my opinion, women need to feel comfortable in their own skin.

    ReplyDelete