Sunday, June 17, 2012

One Direction

If you are unaware of the latest British invasion, the boy band "One Direction," you are clearly living under a rock. They started off on the British talent show, The X Factor, and soon bolted to super stardom in the UK. Now, after releasing their album internationally, on March 14 2012, they are the first British group to have a number one album, in America it's first week (beating out the Beatles, and Spice Girls.)

I had the pleasure of seeing them perform live, in Las Vegas, Saturday June 9th, and it truly was amazing. Harry Styles, the groups resident heart throb, and my personal favourite, waved at me twice! Liam Payne's, the serious one, girlfriend Danielle Peazer was sitting in front of me, making the experience that much more enjoyable.

Boybands we a huge hit in the late 90's and early 2000's, with New Kids on the Block, Backstreet Boys, and N*Sync, but One Direction takes it to a whole new level. I have personally never seen so many screaming and crying girls in my life, like I did when I was at their concert. The boys seem to be relatable, and have an effect on girls, making them feel that you can one day date a member of the band.

(Personal picture, from their concert in Vegas!)

The One Direction Buys are funny, great entertainers, and ultimately talented. You can tell that they are not taking any of their new found, American fame, for granted, and are enjoying every minute of it. I personally believe they have the longevity to last in the crazy music business.  

No comments:

Post a Comment